Blogs like this one are fun to read, and fun to participate in.
"Name five things laying around your computer"
Haha! Have you seen this mess! Let me show you...
Now... How do I narrow this down...
1. Empties - Yes, the Tim Hortons cups are empty. Yes, they are trash. No, I haven't thrown them away even though they are both several days old... I actually made a mobile out of a few empties here a while back. I should probably add these to the chain...
Oh, and Yes, that is a Marty Ford Experience Poster hanging on cube wall. I should get him to autograph it for me.
2. Storage - In the photo above there are seven hard drives (not counting the one in my laptop, which technically makes it eight). Five of them are in external disk enclosures where I keep my digital "stuff". One of them is still in the wrapper, destined for my sister's iBook. And the last one has been disassembled so that I can use it for a mirror on the rare occasion that I want to see myself.
3. Hand Santizer - I seriously think that I am addicted to this stuff. I keep a pump bottle on my desk, and at least one squeeze bottle in my backpack, and a few more little bottles on my coffee table at home, in the van, etc. I probably go through a pump bottle at my desk every four to six weeks. The first thing I do when I take my seat (every time I sit down) is squeeze the pump. Does it really protect me from germs? I have no clue, but it does make my hands feel soft and smell good.
4. Post-Its! - I've explained my Post-It Note obsession in a previous post. With that being said, I currently have six "active" post-its on my desk with lists, to-dos, scribbles, and notes on them. You can barely see in the far right of the photo the Post-It Pike (also mentioned in said earlier post).
5. The Pen - How could I post about the things adorning my desktop without mentioning my trusty writing utensil. I've also blogged about my pen obsession before. To that end, my current writing stick is a Pilot Varsity Disposable fountain pen. My Aunt Marilyn gave me this pen at Kayla's wedding when we got to discussing fountain pens.
I've not taken the time to blog about it yet, but on Labor Day weekend I happened to be in Tuttle Mall and stopped into the Paradise Pen store, where I was "fitted" for a fountain pen. It was an amazing experience (not to mention I got to write with some really really expensive ink pens). It was there that I also discovered my new dream pen, the Cross Apogee in Frosty Steel.
Well, that is quite enough rambling from me for the time being. If you are at all curious about the rest of this mess, I'd be happy to explain any of it.
you don't have to explain the mess to me. you should see my room ..haha.
i enjoy reading your blog as well and miss clint being around.
talk to you soon-
that is a limited edition.... since i destroyed the rest of them...
dude... keep your hands off of my poster. I'm framing that baby, so that when you are famous I can prove to people that I've been an MFE fan since the "old days".
Post a Comment